The 21st century workplace continues to undergo profound changes, changes that will affect employees at all levels of an organization: ever-increasing global competition; flattening management hierarchies; and greater emphasis on teamwork and team-based projects. These changes reflect constantly evolving information technology, the growth of new work environments, the widening diversity of the workforce, and the increasing prominence of a knowledge-based economy. In this dynamic business climate, strong communication skills within organizations and with customer and colleagues are necessary if an organization is to flourish.
This course teaches those communication skills required of business professionals throughout organizations. Learners gain an understanding of the fundamentals of communication and are taught how to master the techniques and practices that are hallmarks of powerful and effective business communication.
Managers, Supervisors, Employees & HR Professionals
TIME TO COMPLETE
To teach business professionals the fundamentals of effective and ethical communication.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- identify changes in the workplace that have increased the importance of communication skills in business;
- define and describe the process of communication;
- recognize barriers to interpersonal communication and the importance of overcoming them;
- analyze the flow of communication in organizations, both the barriers to communication and the methods for overcoming them; and
- identify the goals of ethical business communication and the tools for communicating ethically and effectively.
- Conditions Affecting Workplace Communications
- The Five-Step Communication Process
- Recognizing and Overcoming Barriers to Interpersonal Communication
- Internal and External Communication Functions throughout Organizations
- Oral and Written Communications
- Downward, Upward, and Horizontal Information Flows
- Standards and Practices for Ethical Business Communications
HR CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE
This Activity has been approved for 1.0 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
This Activity has been approved for 1.0 PDCs toward SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification. The Human Equation is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.